“Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf!” – Unknown
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive.” – Howard Thurman
Passion is a high-frequency emotion that resonates powerfully with Divine Purpose. Everyone has passions that are unique to them.
Because some people are born with such incredible talent, they are aware of their passions from a very young age; Michelangelo, for instance, knew as a very young boy that he had a passion for sculpting. There are some people who know they were meant to sing and their passion drives them to be on stage sharing their talent with others, but what about people who don’t have a talent that allows them to get up on stage and perform?
Your passion is not your Divine Purpose but it definitely provides clues. Passion is about the process and Divine Purpose is about the journey.
There is a great price to be paid for not living your passion!
“Whenever you are faced with a choice, a decision or an opportunity, choose in favor of your passion.” – Janet and Chris Atwood
“Our Divine Purpose is the intersection of our passion and the world’s greatest need. One way to determine your passion, though, is discovering what you believe to be the world’s greatest need. The passion flows from that.”
Many people have a hard time identifying their passions. I think these are a few of the reasons why:
- Our insecurities define us more than our hidden, suppressed dreams.
- We are afraid to boast.
- We see the vastness of the world and feel insignificant or overwhelmed to make a difference.
- We feel it’s selfish to become introspective.
- We’re extremely busy maintaining an overbooked life and don’t have time to reconsider why we’re working ourselves to death.
- We think it’s wrong to do what we love.
- We feel the sting of rejection the last time we tried operating in our passion, and we’ve let that rejection scare us.
- We are afraid if we identify it, we’ll have to do something, to act on it (and that means risking failure).
When you are living in the high-frequency of your passions you will align with who you were created to be.
Choose to do something everyday that you are passionate about! The price of not doing it is way too high!
I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments!
Get a FREE copy of my report on “The 11 myths that keep you from True Success.” http://bit.ly/S1HAvJ
Follow me on FACEBOOK at http://on.fb.me/104RTBl